Updated: 6 days ago
Installing wallpaper can be a fun and rewarding DIY project. Here are the steps to install wallpaper:
1. Prepare the wall: Remove any old wallpaper or loose paint. If the wall is rough or uneven, sand it smooth and clean off any dust.
2. Measure the wall: Measure the height and width of the wall to determine how much wallpaper you will need. Add a few extra inches to the height and width to allow for trimming.
3. Cut the wallpaper: Cut the wallpaper to the correct size, making sure to match the pattern if there is one. Use a straight edge and a sharp knife to make precise cuts.
4. Apply the adhesive: Apply wallpaper adhesive to the back of the wallpaper, following the manufacturer's instructions. Be sure to apply adhesive evenly and thoroughly, especially around the edges.
5. Hang the wallpaper: Carefully hang the wallpaper on the wall, making sure to match the pattern if there is one. Smooth out any bubbles or wrinkles with a wallpaper brush or roller.
6. Trim the edges: Use a straight edge and a sharp knife to trim the excess wallpaper from the edges. Be sure to cut along the edge of the wallpaper, leaving a straight and clean edge.
7. Finish the corners and edges: Use a wallpaper smoother to smooth out the corners and edges of the wallpaper, ensuring a tight fit.
8. Clean up: Clean up any excess adhesive or wallpaper scraps.
That's it! With a little patience and attention to detail, you can install wallpaper and give your room a whole new look.
For more information, contact a showroom near you today!